Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Nothing But Nets

I decided to add this small advertising space to our blog (directly to the left of this post) after I was given an essay assignment on this website and I discovered the true numbers on malaria:

- Malaria infects more than 500 million people each year, and kills more than a million each year!

- Malaria mostly effects children, one child dies about every thirty seconds.

These bed nets help curb the spread of malaria by not allowing the female mosquitos to infect families as they sleep at night. Its at night that most transmissions occur. At this website nothingbutnets.com you can purchase a bed net for $10 and it will be distributed to the most needed areas in Africa.

I urge you to check out this nothingbutnets.net to learn more about the cause

at least two children died from malaria while you have been reading this post, think about that.

4 comments:

Jess Perry said...

I am definately doing this. I didn't know it was such a huge disease. Thanks for making me smarter and giving me a way to give to those kids!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's definitely food for thought. How did you find out about it? And, not to be cynical, but how can you assure your $10 is going to what they say it is?

I'd love more info. Thanks brit!

J n Bee said...

Hey lady!
Thanks for tracking me down! Hooray! What in the world are you doing in Cali? Crazy!
Well, keep me posted on your eventful life. Looks like you're having fun. You are the greatest!
P.S. It's Hoffmann :)

A and L said...

Hey Britt-
I'd love to be able to do your hair while you are in town but all booked up until after Christmas! Sorry Charlie. I could recommend someone who would do a good job if you want. Let me know.