Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Eve Adventure

Since everything is less expensive in Utah we decided to get our dogs immunizations done while we were there.  We got them done early Christmas Eve morning and afterwards everything seemed to be all right.  Until we were getting ready to go to Nana's for Dinner and Maggie kept scratching at her face.  Well since her beard is old man withers and picks up all dirt in it's path we thought she had something stuck in it.  So we gave her a bath.  When she is wet she usually looks like a wet rat but instead her mouth looked like Cindy Lou Hoo from The Grinch.  Then her eyes started to swell at a rapid rate (like Will Smith in the movie Hitch).  So we called Urgent Care and took her in.  On the ride she broke out in hives and almost couldn't breathe.  The shot her up with medicine and it went right down.  They said she had an allergic reaction to the immunizations.  After this Christmas ran smooth as a babies bottom, with our little girl girl happy and healthy. 


11 comments:

Frampton Family said...

That is so sad! I didn't even know this happened. And Christmas Eve! I'm totally bummed I didn't see you when we were both in Utah. I will just have to plan a trip one of these days to Cali. Or you could travel Europe with us. Come on, doesn't that sound like a good idea you two!? Britt, I now have a Provo number out here, so you can call me now. I call you soon with details. Love you!!

Janelle

RayChill and Steve-O said...

Brout,
Such a sad story... She looks like she has been crying for days with those puffy eyes and puffy snout. Maggie looks so much like you in that photo, are you sure you and Kyle are not her birth parents?

Roch

RayChill and Steve-O said...

UMMMMM... I am pretty sure I am bothered that you are coming to Florida to go on a cruise and you are not going to have "time" to visit me? J/k you are a busy tizy girl. I hope you have the funnest in the sunnest time on the cruise. Next time weez alls needs to go together. Steve and I are total cruizers. WE LOVE cruises, so make sure you eat lots of the buffet food, and buy the gold chain necklaces that 50 cent wears.

From sea to shinning sea- literally.
your bfffr (best friend forever for real)Pach

Our EyreLife said...

I have to admit that I laughed when I read this...it is just so sad! Love the pictures!

Ashlee Raubach said...

ooh poor Maggie! That was such a hectic evening, trying to get ourselves over to Nana's. That really was the best Christmas! But, I don't see any pictures of my kids on there!

okbushmans said...

What a cute swollen puppy! Best wishes to Maggie! And about cutting Ryan's hair, I've done that since day one of marriage. Bought clippers at a beauty store, and figured it out by myself! It took 1 1/2 hours the first time (trying to fade it, etc) but now I'm a pro. It has saved a bunch of money!

Jen said...

Britt to the Max! How are you? Found you on Rach's blog. Give me an update!

Kass Martin said...

What a cute pup even under the circumstance! I am sad for her. Poor thing. How is cali?

Holly said...

Hey Kyle and Brittney! This is Holly here, Kyle's cous. I found you on Ashley's blog. I didn't you were in Cali or in Architect School. That's awesome, good for you guys! Okay...I just have to say that your youtube post with the grape lady falling on her face is hilarious. I can't stop laughing.

Jess Perry said...

Oh so sad...it is just like kids after shots. It is such a hard thing to do to your little ones!!

CassideeT said...

I like the picture of Buddha posing for the sunset. He looks like a champ.