Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday (dutch style)

So in our ever going effort to live a more sustainable lifestyle, Brittany and I have been riding our bikes everywhere we go (instead of using the car). We have found that this is far more enjoyable healthier than driving. Plus it makes you feel good that you ARE doing a little bit to help out the environment. This now is the desired way to travel for us. So, riding the bikes so much has really sparked a great desire of mine. I have always wanted to have a dutch style bike. Ever since I saw my first one I have felt like Wayne on Wayne's World....."Oh yes, it will be mine."

For my birthday this year, Brittany made my dream come true! I proudly race around downtown San Diego-to and from school, to Brittany's work, dinner, lunch, movies, grocery store and everywhere in between on this wonderful bike.

I give you the new Dutch Bike



The bike features a self powered light on the front and L.E.D. light on the back (the small generator attached to the front wheel provides power to the headlight). It has 8 speeds which makes riding around town comfortable. I can go faster than traffic in the city and make it up and down the hills of mid-town and up-town too.





5 comments:

Shantay said...

Wow! It is beautiful where you live. I wish we could ride bikes here in Albuquerque, but we would get jumped by the street walkers and bums that are right outside the base gate. What a good example y’all are.....Go Green!

The Thatchers said...

You are such a good wife!! I know he REALLY wanted one of those!! How are you enjoying being at home while the guys are in Vegas?? I'm not enjoying it!!! Sure wish we were there!!

Frampton Family said...

First of all, I totally want one of those bikes. Is it like a beach cruiser? I love the style of it. Secondly, This is where you live?!?! You may find this hard to believe from me. But I'm really envious of you two. And to have gorgeous weather all year round is awesome. I can't wait to visit!!

Robby said...

Kyle, you crack me up. I love the bike. Looks like we're going to be living a little bit closer to you. We'll have to meet somewhere in between.

Anonymous said...

Way to go green!!! I'm so jealous that you can ride your bike everywhere! We live about 15 minutes away from anything and I don't think Lily would do that well on a bike with me all day. It's beautiful.