Friday, February 8, 2008

I've Been Tagged

A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.

B. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


10 Years Ago (Feb. 1998):
Ten years ago I was a wicked high school kid living in the riverbottoms of Spanish Fork (just the name alone gets you excited I know.  I attended SFHS and had to put up with all the cowboys and their big trucks (sad to say that I had one myself, but mine was nicer than hay-bail-haulin outfits in the back parking lot).  I loved to play football, in fact it was my life in high school.  I also loved to going to my good buddy Scott Griffiths' house after school to watch Baywatch and eat hot dogs.  Camping with friends was among the top of my list of things that I loved to do on the weekends, but since its February I would snowboarding on the weekends at Sundance.

5 Things on my To-Do List today: 

1.Go to Tom Stroman's house in North Park to work on a project for school. 

2.Take the dogs to Petco Park, oh wait there is a rugby tournement this 
weekend so its closed.

3.Need to work on a speech that I have due next week in my public speaking 
class.

4.Meet with a health insurance rep to listen to all my options
5. Any time left over I would love to take the dogs to Dog Beach, and return back to the city just in time to take Brittany some food at work for her dinner break.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1.Pay up front every penny of the cost of my education 

2.Buy an incredible condo over looking Padre Stadium in Downtown San Diego. 

3.Pay off all my parents, brothers and sisters debt.

4.Buy a Scion XB for me and buy sister Ashlee a new Hybrid Cadilac Escalade 

5.Take some time to travel Europe 

6.Invest a bunch of cash into my school
    A.  Put money toward new studio space for all students
    B   Bring in a few world famous architects to teach ($$$)
    C.  Build a student housing complex (school is pricy, and rent is too!!!!)
7.Lastly, I would surprise my incredible step-dad, Ron Clarke, with the most amazing thing he has ever seen cause
 he diserves it and MORE!!!! 


3 of my bad habits:

1.Biting my nails, especially when I am nervous or stressed 

2.Chewing on my soul patch (stubble of sexy hair that grows below my lip) 

3.Waiting until at least 1AM to start my homework

5 places I have lived:

1.Most memories are from Provo, UT

2.Most bad memories are from Spanish Fork (or if you're from there you would say, "Spanish") 
3.Kaoshiung, Tainan, JiaYi, QiShan, GangShan, YongKang, PingDong.....all
 in Taiwan.  My favorite was Tainan (lots of culture and history)

4.Oakland, CA (interesting place, lots of culture, beauty and gun shots)
5.San Diego, CA (best place in California, and the place that I most likely will never leave)

5 jobs I have had:

1.Two-Jack's Pizza.   I was a delivery boy until I got in a wreck and couldn't
 deliver anymore 

2.Bill's Appliance Service.  Answered the phone and repaired appliances  
(you're not a Peterson until you've worked at Bill's Appliance Service)

3.Ski Tech at Sundance Ski Resort.  I tuned skis and snowboards and
 fit people with rental equipment

4.Product Procurement Manager for China Industries (USA), Inc.  Spoke a lot
 of chinese and got to travel to lots of places 

5.Door-to-Door Alarm Salesman for APX Alarm.  By far the worst job I have had to date, but made more money in the four months that I knocked doors than
 I would have made if I worked all the jobs listed above at the same time
 for the same four months.  Great opportunity everyone should do it. 


5 things people don't know about me:

1.I love slow ambient techno (trip-hop) music, people think I'm crazy, but it just does something to me, and
 I yern for that feeling everyday. 

2.I am a huge believer of urban living.  I think that suburban areas are an unhealthy way for people to live, and I strongly oppose.  I try to avoid freeways and nation-wide food chains. 

3.Since living in Taiwan I have some crazy problems with my bowels, after
 eating something that I'm not used to I need to make sure I am within
 running distance of a bathroom (just in case) 

4.I sometimes feel that my life is a movie and throughout the day I think of ways that could best capture the moment that I am experiencing.  I guess I am a closet photography junky. 

5.I met my beautiful wife, Brittany when she was a little girl in 3rd grade.  
She would always ask for "baby bounces" when we played kickball at
 Canyon Crest Elementary School.  She once told someone that she 
thought I was cute and I embarresed her by asking her about it on a 
feild trip to Ripple's one day.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years and 10 years:
1.In five years I see myself graduating school with a Bachelors degree in Architecture and Urban Studies from NewSchool of Architecture and Design.  Looking for an internship with a sustainable design firm or an urban development firm in New York City.
2.In ten years I see myself having two kids and raising them in a cultured urban environment where they would have all the opportunities that I missed out on when I was young.  Hopefully we will be living back in San Diego (or San Francisco) where I can work in a creative and rewarding atmosphere of design.  Hopefully by then I would have my ever so craved "Dutch-Style" Bike.  I would ride it to work everyday!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow Kyle, I learned so much about you!! Very interesting. Hey-Jon and I saw Obama in Boise. Very exciting experience. 15000 Democrats showed up (In Idaho!) Who knew?? Anyway, if you get the chance in Cali, you should go to one of his Rally's.
Take care, Holly
p.s. Did you see Grandma's Tag Post? She's so cute.